5 popular custom label materials and their unique characteristics
When it comes to custom labels, there are a variety of materials you can choose from to best represent your product or brand. In this article, we will take a look at 5 popular custom label materials and their unique characteristics. Each material will be broken down into its benefits and its ideal use. Are you ready? Then let’s jump right in.
1. White vinyl
White vinyl is one of the most popular materials for custom labels. It has a number of benefits that make it ideal for a variety of applications. Here are some of the key benefits of white vinyl:
- It is durable and can withstand wear and tear.
- It has a white base that is perfect for creating vibrant colours.
- It is easy to apply and can be quickly customized to your needs.
When to use: When in doubt, vinyl labels are your perfect all-rounder. It sticks to hundreds of surfaces and will be fine outdoors.
2. Clear vinyl
Clear vinyl is another popular choice for custom labels. It is printed on a transparent vinyl that is just as resistant as standard white vinyl. Have a look at some of its other highlights:
- It is weatherproof and can be used in outdoor applications.
- The transparent vinyl can create a beautiful stained-glass effect when colour is printed on top of it
- It can create a stunning no-label look
When to use: Clear vinyl is an excellent choice for any application to clear or see-through surfaces like bottles, jar and windows.
3. Metallic vinyl
Metallic vinyl is a unique, metallized material that can add a touch of luxury to your custom labels. Here are our favourite characteristics of metallic vinyl:
- It has a high-end look that can make your labels stand out.
- When you print colour onto the material, you can generate amazing metallic colours.
- It is just as durable as its white and clear counterparts and can be used outdoors.
When to use: Metallic vinyl is an excellent choice for any application that requires a high-end look.
4. Glitter vinyl
Glitter vinyl is a fun and stand-out material that can add some sparkle to your custom labels. These are some of the key benefits of glitter vinyl:
- It is eye-catching and can help your labels stand out.
- The glitter pattern creates visual interest and elevates any design.
- Glitter vinyl is fun and a true customer favourite.
It is easy to apply and can be quickly customized to your needs.
When to use: Glitter vinyl is an excellent choice for any use case that requires an eye-catching, unique and fun look.
5. Paper materials
Paper materials are the odd one out. They are not as durable as vinyl materials, but come with a unique set of benefits of their own:
- Paper is usually the most eco-friendly labelling option. Most options completely decompose.
- They have a natural matte finish that can give your products an artisan look.
- They are the perfect way to brand your eco-friendly business.
When to use: Paper labels are an excellent choice for short-term and indoor applications, such as packaging seals and logo stickers.
Now that you know a little bit more about the different types of custom label materials, it’s time to decide which one is right for your product or brand. All of the materials we’ve discussed have their own unique benefits, so take some time to think about what you need and want in a custom label. If you’re still not sure which material is right for you, our team can help. We’ll work with you to find the perfect material and design to represent your product or brand perfectly. So what are you waiting for? Start designing your custom labels today!